Nothing Carries More Weight Than True Love
(Passage: Luke 23)
If love and hatred are compared, love wins. True love, nothing like it! It is more special to God than anything else.
God has a true love for us (humanity) and sent us his only Son, Jesus Christ, to save us from our sins. Jesus also came here to do everything in pure love.
Since love is so important to God, you and I must understand we will never meet the threshold of becoming a true child of God without loving God and loving others.
No greater law than the requirement that we must love God with all our hearts and might. And that we must also be gracious and love other people as ourselves.
Here are these two questions you should answer:
- Are you a child of God?
- Do you have a true love for others?
Your answer must be “Yes” to those two questions to meet the requirement set by God for you to qualify for God’s kingdom. In other words, God won’t welcome you to heaven if you are not a child of God, and if you don’t truly love others at the same time.
Let’s learn from Jesus, who demonstrated what it takes to show perfect love to others.
God sent him (Jesus) to save humanity from sin. The task wasn’t easy for the Son of God because he had to deal with a difficult species.
Jesus came and preached peace and love to the people of the world. He helped the poor and did many other good things. But, people abused him.
They resented and mocked him.
People persecuted Jesus and wished him dead. (They got that in the end).
Despite the hostility that Christ faced, he was determined to have a genuine love for the people.
Christ loved everyone, regardless of whether they appreciate him or not.
No Rivalry For Genuine Love
True love drove Jesus to focus on his mission to save humanity. He finished his task!
As a child of God, you are better off when you allow love to motivate you in performing your task.
Learn from Jesus Christ, who truly loved difficult people in difficult situations.
Jesus, the Son of God, responded with love when people he came to save hated him.
When they persecuted Jesus and dragged him to the cross, he ensured to include in his final words:
“Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they do” (Luke 23:34).
Don’t forget it won’t be easy to show true love, but you must do as God required.
See what people did to Jesus, as he chose to let love rule:
- People and their rulers said, “He saved others; let Him save Himself if he is the Christ, the chosen of God” (Luke 23:35).
- The soldiers mocked him and gave him vinegar to drink (Luke 23: 36).
- The soldiers mocked him and said, “If you are the King of the Jews, save yourself” (Luke 23: 37).
- His accusation was written on his cross for all people to mock with “THIS IS THE KING OF THE JEWS” (Luke 23: 38).
- Jesus was nailed to the cross alongside two convicted criminals (Luke 23: 39).
- One of the criminals mocked Jesus and said, “If you are the Christ, save yourself and us” (Luke 23: 39).
- Jesus cried in pain, and no one helped him; he eventually died on the cross.
Could Jesus have chosen to hate instead of true love? Absolutely! But he acted differently. He showed true love instead of hatred. This is something for us to emulate. #truelove #hate #act #besomethingClick to tweet
Consider the characteristic of Jesus Christ, as he demonstrated true love to others:
- Jesus preached God’s kingdom, irrespective of any surrounding circumstance.
- Despite constant terror and persecutions, Jesus remained positive, and he continued to do good for people.
- Jesus fed the poor, raised the dead, and healed numerous diseases.
- (Yeah, the list of the good things that Jesus did for others is endless, but people still persecuted and killed him. But he loved his enemies.)
True Love Has a Consequence
You can’t love and be at a loss. It’s impossible!
Love rules at all times. Even when you consider it’s a loss, re-evaluate the situation, you will discover that love has won.
Christ’s death has become our gain. We die to sin through his death, and true his resurrection, we resurrect to godliness and qualify for heaven.
The best sermon anyone can preach is about love. Love is the ultimate because God loved the world and sent his only beloved Son to save us. Anyone who believes in Jesus will be saved (John 3:16). #john #sermon #ultimate #son #preachClick to tweet
Dear God, I am grateful that Jesus chose love instead of hatred. I thank Jesus for enduring all things for the sake of saving poor sinners like me. What more can I do than to appreciate what Christ has done for me! Therefore, I confess my faith in Jesus Christ. I believe he is the Son of God, and I accept him as my personal Lord and Savior. From now on, I am a child of God. Glory to God in the highest! Amen.
Remember: Jesus Christ Preached True Love
SUBSCRIBE FOR NEWSLETTER
Tags: 12 Ways To Promote Love And Peace, A Vessel Of God's Love, Activities To Promote Self Love, Bible Quote About Love, Books That Promote Self Love, Children's True Or False Questions, Christ Demonstrated His Love For Us In This, christ love, Christ Love Compels Us Commentary, Christ Love Us, Christ Loved Us First, devotional about love, Does Selfless Love Exist, Faithful And True Christian Song Lyrics, God Is Teaching Us, God Teaching A Lesson, King Of Kings Jewish Song, Selfless True Love, true christianity