Luke – The Pharisees Were Jealous of Jesus For His Capability
(Passage: Luke 6)
The Pharisees were bitter critics of Jesus Christ; they used their religion as a camouflage to express their jealousy and rage against him. The Pharisees were not hesitant to stalk Jesus all day long, and followed him on every turn to find an excuse to criticize and demean his ministry.
“Now it happened on the second Sabbath after the first that He (Jesus) went through the grainfields. And His disciples plucked the heads of grain and ate them, rubbing them in their hands. And some of the Pharisees said to them, “Why are you doing what is not lawful to do on the Sabbath?”
Bible also recorded,
“Now it happened on another Sabbath, also, that He entered the synagogue and taught. And a man was there whose right hand was withered. So the scribes and Pharisees watched Him closely, whether He would heal on the Sabbath, that they might find an accusation against Him”
Luke 6:6-7;Luke 6:1-2
Children of God to be Sensitive and Resist Satan
Satan loves to station his evil agents around godly people to frustrate their efforts. The enemies would focus on making attempts to derail believers from their pursuits of righteousness by castigating their works and throwing every available stone with the hope one might stick. Therefore to overcome the devil, believers must be spiritually sensitive (watchful) and prayerful, and they must be filled with the Holy Spirit also.
However, believers must not forget Satan’s intention is not to discourage them from serving God only, but his main motive is to kill, to steal, and to destroy their salvation (John 10:10). Hence, while we (believers) remain prayerful and watchful, we can follow Jesus’ examples and appropriately react in all situations.
For example, when Satan instigated fury in Pharisees to accuse Jesus of wrongdoing,
- Jesus ignored the Pharisees – Believers should largely ignore their critics.
- Jesus remained persistent in doing God’s business –Believers should never stop doing God’s will.
- Jesus always withdrew to a silent place to pray for strength’s renewal after ministering –Believers must always refill and refresh their energy through prayers.
- Jesus changed locations to avoid enemies’ distractions –Believers should diversify in ministry to outsmart their enemies.
Prayer to Overcome Your Spiritual Enemies
Dear God, please give me strength to overcome Satan and live triumphantly on earth to the glorification of your holy name! Again, give me strength to remain focus and pay no damn attention to the devil and his evil agents!
Let your Holy Spirit empower me to remain immovable, and to keep faithfully serving you during opposition and challenges. Also, let your Holy Spirit empower me to be watchful and prayerful so that I can keep prospering in all my ministerial activities, so that light of your gospel can spread throughout the world.
When my earthly race is eventually over, let me appear in your presence in heaven to hear “Weldon and welcome my servant to the joy of your Lord!” For I pray in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.
Latest posts by James Taiwo (see all)
- THE LIGHT OF GOD HAS COME TO THOSE IN DARKNESS – Colossians - March 19, 2019
- A selfish #person can claim “Love is reciprocal,” but a true #Christian will aspire to demonstrate an #unconditional love. James TaiwoClick to tweet - March 19, 2019
- CHRISTIAN RACE REQUIRES YOUR DEDICATION – Colossians - March 15, 2019